This position is responsible for supporting the manufacturing operations by planning, directing and organizing the shipping and receiving department and related activities, managing the incoming and outgoing materials from vendors, customers and in-house materials. Accurately schedule shipments to ensure on time deliveries as well as keeping costs down by preplanning loads and routes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Maintain a visual calendar based off the promise performance list to ensure on time deliveries.
· Forecast shipments to allow appropriate time to set up deliveries, pack material and verify customer requirements.
· Work closely with customer service and the production scheduler to maintain and optimize shipments.
· Acquire and provide freight quotes upon request.
· Maintain an open line of communication via email, text message, fax or phone call between AAE and all internal/external customers.
· Maintain and control all documentation from incoming and outgoing shipments.
· Communicate all pickup and delivery times to outside vendors.
· Maintain the daily driver load log.
· Coordinate loads with driver times to ensure maximum efficiency of the routes.
· Create a daily pick list for loads being shipped.
· Capture visual evidence of loads (pictures, video, etc.) shipping LTL prior to the load leaving.
· Maintain and update shipping metrics on the production boards.
· Maintain supplies such as UPS boxes, printing labels and all other necessary items.
· Work closely with maintenance to coordinate and schedule truck down time for P.M.s to ensure no lost time occurs.
· File freight claims if necessary.
· Cross functional training and duties as needed or as necessary.
· Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment. Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
· Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments to vendors. Reconciles the numbers to and from vendors, accounting for scrap pieces and reports numbers to accounting for applicable back charges.
· Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates.
· Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
· Routes items to departments.
· May operate forklift truck or use hand truck to move, convey or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving area to storage or work area.
· Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
· Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications by using loading verification books for specific customers.
· Any other task or duty as assigned or required.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Problem solving and analytical skills.
· Detail oriented.
· Basic knowledge of EPICS.
· Basic knowledge and functionality of the UPS website.
· Experience working with vendors, carriers and freight claims.
· Basic math skills.
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
· Ability to operate forklifts.
· Ability to operate cranes.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
· Exposure to all types of temperatures.
· Physical ability to do work requiring frequent stooping, bending, lifting and reaching overhead.
· Physical strength sufficient to move parts and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Sufficient manual dexterity required to perform job properly.
· High degree of care required to operate in a safe manner.
· Appropriate safety equipment is necessary.
· Overtime hours may be required.
American Aluminum offers a competitive wage and benefits package, including medical, dental, life, flexible spending, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.