ELECTRO MECHANICAL TECH – 3RD SHIFT (ROSCOE, IL)
American Aluminum Extrusion’s Roscoe location is seeking to add an experienced Electro Mechanical Technician. Opportunities available on all three shifts.
This position is for an Industrial Maintenance Technician with both electrical and mechanical job duties. On a daily basis the employee will be responsible for the preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on a variety of machinery and equipment.
Electrical responsibilities include the following:
- Troubleshoot and repair 480V 3-phase motor control systems
- Read and interpret electrical documentation such as wiring diagrams and programming information
- Electrical installation, maintenance and troubleshooting on plant processing equipment
- Install conduit, pull and terminate wiring.
- Inspect and repair electrical components such as motor controls, PLCs, VFDs, transformers and wiring
- Install, troubleshoot, test, repair and service electrical components for building equipment and production machinery.
Mechanical responsibilities include the following:
- Perform regular preventative maintenance of machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Diagnose electro-mechanical devices to locate and repair/replace defective parts.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools as well as material handling or rigging equipment to perform duties.
- Answer mechanical & electrical trouble calls and makes repairs as quickly & safely as possible.
- Start machinery/equipment and adjust PLCs and VFDs for optimal performance.
- Install new equipment and machines associated with plant upgrade/expansion projects.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during non-production hours.
- Keep the maintenance and inventory areas clean and organized.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associates degree or Technical Training preferred.
- Minimum 2 years related experience and/or training.
- Machine maintenance experience a must.
- Strong welding skills.
- Electro-mechanical knowledge including hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Strict regard for safety rules, procedures and practices.
- Attention to details and follow detailed instructions.
- Ability to operate forklift, skid steer and scissor-lift equipment.
- Ability to do basic PM’s and complete work orders as issued.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair motors.
- Ability to read electrical testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters and oscilloscopes.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding & fast-paced environment.
- Maintain appropriate levels of daily attendance, initiative and productivity.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Position involves shift/weekend work.
American Aluminum offers a competitive wage and benefits package, including medical, dental, life, flexible spending, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.