-Immediate opening for maintenance team lead on 1st shift. Hands on position directing other maintenance and project workers. Overtime and weekend work as needed.
This position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Establish and maintain a positive team-work environment.
· Understand projects to organize and delegate duties to team members to best execute the project completion.
· Communicate, oversee, coach, mentor, train and support the team on an ongoing basis.
· Actively engage with the maintenance team in servicing, troubleshooting, repair, and installation of a wide variety of manufacturing equipment and facilities maintenance.
· Ensure all employees are working in a safe manner.
· Maintain operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and troubleshooting malfunctions.
· Contribute towards the establishment of preventive and predictive maintenance.
· Select and train maintenance team members.
· Provide mechanical expertise when necessary to reduce downtime.
· Maintain appropriate logs and records as needed to properly track and maintain equipment status and maintenance record.
· Identify technical problems and provide practical solutions appropriate to the size and complexity of projects.
· Ability to supervise a work force to ensure the facility is maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
· Flexibility to adjust to changing schedules.
· Open to new ideas and adaptable to changing technology.
· Demonstrated experience as a maintenance technician in a manufacturing environment.
· Strong interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills at all levels.
· Proven track record of successfully supervising multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Any other task or duty as assigned or required.
· General mechanical experience in a manufacturing environment
· Crane repair
· Hydraulic repair
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
· Exposure to all types of temperatures.
· Physical ability to do work requiring frequent stooping, bending, lifting and reaching overhead.
· Physical strength sufficient to move parts and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Sufficient manual dexterity required to perform job properly.
· High degree of attention and care required to operate in a safe manner.
· Appropriate safety equipment is necessary.
· Overtime hours may be required